Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anrsaz

Any blogs?

anrsaz
13 years ago

Does anyone have a good blog about declutter/minimal living. Not the declutter where you find yet another container to house your 50 lipsticks, and not a minimal blog where your house is some stark, cold, unfunctional area. Something homey yet not contemporary which I find cold as well. I can't seem to find a normal minimal living/declutter blog that is a nice medium.

Any links?

Comments (11)

• butrflyksz
    13 years ago

You could give mine a try :) There are a lot of DIY projects, as well as techniques to use what you already have. I dislike spending money on decorating--in fact, I'm just plain old cheap, so there are a lot of money-saving design and decorating projects. You might like it.

http://www.bobbypinsboardwalk.com/

• jannie
    13 years ago

Real simple Magazine has a leaflet (available on internet) called "Clean Your House in 19 Minutes a Day." It's not about decluttering at all, just about doing a simple cleaning of your home evety single day. They mailed me the folder free when I subscribed to their magazine. But you can get it on-line and print it out. I hired my college age daughter to clean my house once a week for 430. yeah, slave wages but she lives here for free. Anyway, I gave her the leaflet as a guide for cleaning.

• jannie
    13 years ago

I submit first and spell check second. I meant to say I pay my daughter $30 a week for cleaning house, not 430.

• justgotabme
    13 years ago

I don't know of any blogs, but when our children were in elementary school I needed big time help organizing our home. I was watching ABC's The Home Show when they had two ladies on that had just come out with a book to help. You might be able to find one at your library, but I've linked to Amazon so you can see what it's about.

Here is a link that might be useful: Get Your Act Together

• camlan
    13 years ago

You could try Unclutterer. There's a daily tip on how to organize or declutter. They tend a bit towards minimalist, though. I have found many of the tips useful. But they can be a bit sanctimonious about being uncluttered and uber organized. I just ignore those parts, or take a few days break when I get annoyed.

Here is a link that might be useful: Unclutter blog

• jenswrens
    13 years ago

I just today found a fabulous blog for organizing, etc.

It's called "A Small Notebook for a simple home." I can't wait to read it all, and I've added it to my Google Reader, (which is another great thing I've recently discovered - a way to keep track of all the blogs I read.)

Here is a link that might be useful: Small Notebook

• cross_stitch
    13 years ago

Benita Larsson is a Swedish woman who works for IKEA. Her blog is a combination of organizing and home repair ideas. Lots of "How to make a ___". She is a real hands-on gal who has a friendly patter and invites comments form her readers. Lots of photos of her home and handiwork.

One I just found yesterday is for Project 333. http://www.bemorewithless.com/2010/minimalist-fashion-projects/ This may be too far-fetched for many... advocating living with 33 articles of clothing for 3 months. Interesting to read, but I couldn't do it! Many ideas for a minimalist approach to home life.

Here is a link that might be useful: Chez Larsson

• anrsaz
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Geez, I could swear I responded to this. Anyway, thanks for the links.
    :)

• camlan
    13 years ago

Have you been to the Apartment Therapy site? It's not just for apartment dwellers; they have showcased a lot of homes as well.

It's a combination of a home design/decor blog with a lot of decluttering/organization/cleaning tips on the side.

Twice a year, they run month-long challenges to improve either one room of your home or your entire place. One challenge always focuses solely on the kitchen. I did that last year, and even though my kitchen was in pretty good shape, I did declutter about a boxful of random things, and I reorganized several cabinets. I noticed over the holidays how much easier baking was when all the supplies were conveniently located. The kitchen challenge included cleaning everything, sorting through all pantry cabinets and the fridge, restocking, and then a final week of little projects to make the space prettier or function better.

Most of the decor is pretty modern and some of it does tend a bit towards minimalist, but there are plenty of posts on more traditional interiors as well. They have spin-off blogs on the kitchen and cooking, kids' spaces (if you need organizational tips for kids' toys and clothes), technology and being green.

Here is a link that might be useful: Apartment Therapy

• anrsaz
    Original Author
    13 years ago

No....but I'll go check it out! :)

• tomgyrll
    13 years ago

Chez Larsson is one of my favourite blogs.