Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
frizzle_gw

opting out of catalog clutter

Frizzle
16 years ago

http://www.catalogchoice.org/

has anyone posted this little gem of a web site yet? it's an opting out site that's FREE.

i found 21 different magazines to opt out of so far, i was going by memory, not the actual "have the magazine in hand" way.

trying to save you guys a little less paper clutter!

i'm not affiliated with the site in any way, just stumbled across it somewhere along my travels and thought this was the perfect thing for my organizing ladies!

Comments (5)

• western_pa_luann
    16 years ago

Yeah... that site was mentioned in the news here.

I just call the 800# in the catalog and ask them to take me off and to NOT pass my name along to others. Works very well...

• missjulied
    16 years ago

I started using that site a couple of months ago, and the number of catalogs I receive has dropped off dramatically. I find that it's much quicker to use than calling them (waiting on hold, giving them all the information, etc.) - with the website you just select the catalog name and you're done.

• marie26
    16 years ago

Sort of off topic but I heard that there a site to call to change magazine subscription addresses. Has anyone tried this and were you happy with the service?

• littlebug5
    16 years ago

I have a rant about catalogs - we get lots and lots. And most of them come with no dates on the front. Months later when I'm trying to weed some of them out, I have no idea how old they are.

Most of the time, when I get a new catalog I look for the one I already have for that company and throw the old one out.

Cabela's is particularly bad about this. I think they publish a catalog weekly: one for men's outerwear, one for fishing, one for women's clothing, one for waterfowl hunting, one superclearance, one for archery, etc. etc. They could lower their prices if they would quit printing so many catalogs!

• sheriz6
    16 years ago

I just found the catalog choice website and it looks very good, it was mentioned in the January issue of Martha Stewart Living. I signed myself up yesterday and opted out of a bunch of catalogs - I'm looking forward to seeing if this works!

Oh, Cabela's! My DH LOVES them, but we get buried in their catalogs, plus we get the enormous Christmas one that arrives in its own box. I'm going to call and ask if we can just receive the seasonal catalogs and not the specialty ones. It's worth a try!

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting