Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Solution to Hold Shower Caddy on Top of Shower Head?

Posted by marita40 (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 18, 09 at 6:48

I've got a pretty standard nickel shower caddy hanging over the shower head, but it won't stay up on the high end of the shower head once it gets wet--keeps slipping down to the low part, tilting the whole thing, and dropping things like razors off. The suction cups don't work--never have. I've tried squeezing the top part with pliers a bit in order to have it grasp the shower head better, but it doesn't have that much "give" to work. The top, flat part of the shower head, where it is supposed to sit, has just a bit of a downward curve to let the whole thing keep slipping down. There must be a simple solution for this without having to toss it out and look for something else. Any thoughts? I hope this makes sense. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Solution to Hold Shower Caddy on Top of Shower Head?

What about something else on the shower head to keep it from slipping? Like a chunky rubber band, or something along those lines. I'm picturing a round donut looking thing. . . .

I can totally envision your issue and feel your pain!

o

I agree with Brenda. Wrap some tape around the shower head just below the caddy - electrical tape, duct tape. Maybe the white adhesive tape you buy in drug stores to hold a gauze pad to the skin.

o

I use a couple of broccoli rubber bands (thick).

o
Well, DUH!

Thanks for your suggestions. I took a big rubber band and doubled and tripled it over the shower head to make the bump. It works just fine! Can't believe I didn't think of this before...

o

Mine came with a little rubber thing and a fat rubber band should work the same way.

o

I decided I didn't want the thing to hang on the shower head, bcs the soap melted away too fast, etc.

I put up a self-adhesive hook on the OTHER end of the shower, and hung it there.

o

On similar situations I used a cable tie-wrap clamped around the pipe. Worked well. Also wouldn't, well, shouldn't have much of an issue with mold or mildew.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here