Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cushy Cupboard -found a neat way to cut

Posted by datura-07 (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 24, 07 at 0:05

I ordered some and have been having so much fun redoing my cupboards.
I purchased the 24 inch rolls and wanted to cut it for 12 inch ones. I wasn't sure how to cut it down the center and then thought "Why not use the band saw!!!" I just took the wrap off and taped the edges so they wouldn't move and used a fence to maark the 12 inches. I kept one side to the fence and rolled it into the saw. IT was a Beautiful Cut!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and so much faster than marking and cutting.

I also cut it for my pots on a lazy susan They all look so nice and everything slids so nicely.

YOu have to get some if you haven't tried it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
Other uses for a band saw

*LOL* Datura, thanks for sharing!

Band saws also work great for cutting frozen food - roasts, boxes of shrimp, etc. (Yes, I clean the blade afterwards).

-Lena

o
RE: Cushy Cupboard -found a neat way to cut

but, but, but--Lena--do you clean the blade *before*?

;-)

o

but, but, but--Lena--do you clean the blade *before*?

Good idea TS!
( 'course it did seem like a good way to sneak more fiber into the family's diet.)

-Lena

o

(I'd rather eat wood fibers than have food smears on my fine woodworking, actually)

o
More on powertools in the kitchen

It is not just me using power tools in the kitchen. They recommend a 3/8" (10 mm) bit.

-Lena

using a power drill on a beef roast

slicing the beef roast

Here is a link that might be useful: HOW TO - Make drilled beef - 'mechanic's dinner'

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here