Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where in heck are my keys?

Posted by mommabird (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 6, 13 at 0:02

I have a shelf with key hooks immediately inside the back door. 99.9% of the time, I walk in and put my keys on their hook right away.

A week ago Friday, I switched cars with my son for the day - the son who also hangs his keys there immediately 99.9% of the time.

I haven't seen my keys since. He swears I carries them in, I would swear he carried them in - regardless, my keys are missing somewhere I. My house!

I have spares of car key and house key. I don't have spares of my folks house key, the 'clicker' for my car and the clicker for my house alarm system. It has been painful living without those remotes this week.

Please join me in praying/visualizing/meditating or whatever you practice to help me find those keys!

And - hang up your keys immediately when you come in the door. Save yourself this hassle.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where in heck are my keys?

On the topic of keys: I have issues here too! My Ikea has the magnetic knife bars on sale for $8-9 Guess what?! Keys stick! I will totally have a magnetic strip for our keys once I move onto that.

Good luck finding Your keys, MommaBird. I hope you find them soon. 🙏

o

I used to go through a daily ritual of looking for my keys and damn if it isn't the most aggravating thing to have to do, it can drive you nuts! My suggestion would be to look around tables, desks etc and check UNDER everything, I can't tell you how many times a piece of clothing, a catalogue or something else got tossed on top of them, or they got shuffled around with other items and got buried underneath.

o

Check pockets. The pants he was wearing, the jacket you had on.

When I don't drop my keys into the key bowl, they are almost always in my pocket.

o

Oh my!
Here's hoping you find them soon!

Mine get carabinered into my purse.

o

Your positive energy worked - I found them today in the basement laundry room. I have NO IDEA how they got there, but I'm glad to have them back!

o

Hooray!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here