SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
apoem

New to this idea- sort of... questions

apoem
19 years ago

I am pretty organized about planning meals, cooking, shopping. I do pretty good about making chicken one day and a casserole the next or making a large pot of soup and freezing part of it. That kind of thing.

This last year I was in a cooking club. We met once a week and exchanged meals. It was great. We would each make one dish for five families and my cooking was done for the week. Lately though, we have been talking about disbanding the club. I think we all just want a break.

I am not sure I am ready to do totally once a week cooking in that I don't think I want to or would enjoy cooking everything one day and eating all that I cook during the week.

What I do want to do is those small time savers that would make putting a meal together easier. You know- ground beef. If I browned it with taco seasoning I could make burritos, taco salad, tacos, etc. If I browned it with spaghetti sauce it can go into pasta dishes. Similarly cutting onions and freezing them ahead of time, roasting peppers etc.

I do some of this now, but I think I'm really missing the boat on this whole plan ahead to make it easier to assemble a meal deal.

So I'm on here. I'll go back and reread the posts on here that interest me. What I"m looking for are the hints and helps that you have about this pre prepping type of thing I can do. I have no real clue what freezes well, what doesn't freeze well. I also have no real clue except for a few ideas with ground meat what I should be thinking about doing in advance and freezing.

Help.

Ginger

Comments (2)

Sponsored