Return to the Once-a-Week Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cabbage Roll Casserole

Posted by
Lori
(geoff.greer@sympatico.ca) on
Mon, Dec 17, 01 at 9:58

Does anyone have a recipe for a cabbage-roll casserole. I have heard it mentioned here a few times but can't find a recipe. Thanks everyone. I love this site.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cabbage Roll Casserole

This one was just posted on the recipe forum, scroll down until you find it. I make mine the same way except no saurkraut. Sometimes I top it with cheese at the end too.

Here is a link that might be useful: cabbage roll casserole.

o

Layered Cabbage Rolls

1 Medium head cabbage, chopped into 1/2in pieces
2 lbs ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
1/2 green peper, chopped
1/4 teas. garlic powder
1 cup uncooked rice
2 cans cream of tomato soup
2 cans water
1 cup tomato juice
2 Tabl. brown sugar
Cook ground beef in large skillet over med. heat until done.
Grease a 9x13-in glass dish. (Don't use a metal dish) Put all the cabbage on the bottom. Sprinkle the browned ground beef, onion, & green pepper. Sprinkle garlic powder on top, then the uncooked rice.
In a separate bowl, combine tomato soup, water, juice and brown sugar.
Pour into the dish. Cover with foil. Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 1 1/2 hours.

I got this out of our newspaper. My family really likes it and it's so easy to make. I use leftovers in a tortilla with cheddar cheese the next day for lunch.

Enoy ~ Michelle

o

I made one very similar to Michelle's this weekend, it was
very good.

Just curious, what is the reason that one must use glass
instead of a metal dish - just curious.

o

I believe it has something to do with the aciditcity from the tomato. It would cause a reaction with the metal pan that would change the taste.

o

I think the metal makes the cabbage burn too.

o

Yum Yum - I will be trying these soon

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Once-a-Week Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here