Return to the Once-a-Week Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
table setting

Posted by
Angie
(smrgardner@hotmail.com) on
Sun, Nov 18, 01 at 17:21

I have a question regarding a formal table setting. If you know in advance that a guest doesn't drink wine, would you still set the table with wine goblets for this guest? I have been setting it and placing all the wine goblets on the table, then removing them when it is time to pour the wine. Which one is proper? Love your input. Reply before Thanksgiving-----please.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: table setting

Not positive but I think that you should remove the glasses when pouring the wine. My theory is based upon when my husband and I go to fancy restaurants, they usually already have wine glasses available and then remove them if you order something else.

Additionally, I heard of gatherings where they serve Chilled Apple Juice/Grape Juice in the wine glasses for some guests. That may be not as formal as you like but it is another option.

Kimberly

o

thanks Kimbery. That's the way I have been doing it for years. That's an idea to serve a beverage in the wine goblet. That way I don't have to remove the glass. Happy Thankgsving.

o

I would agree. If a person does not drink wine, I have been known to put whatever they ARE drinking in the wine glass (water, juice, even soda!). If there are children present, they LOVE to drink out of wine glasses, even milk is special out of such a pretty glass.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Once-a-Week Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here