Return to the Once-a-Week Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need recipe for pork chops in slow cooker

Posted by mamsy (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 5, 01 at 12:39

I was hoping someone might have a recipe that uses pork chops, but cooked in a slow cooker.

Thanks!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need recipe for pork chops in slow cooker

Try this link. Lots of pork recipes for the crockpot.

Here is a link that might be useful: pork recipes for the crockpot

o

Pork chops are wonderful in the slow cooker. I dip boneless chops in egg and then corn bread stuffing mix.
Use the mix as it comes from the box and reserve the left over. Brown chops lightly. Takes maybe two minutes. Lay them in the crock pot. To the left over dressing add about 1/2 cup each of chopped celery and onion. Sprinkle over the chops. Pour over 1/2 cup of white wine. Cook on high about 2 1/2 to 3 hours.

o

I just dump 1 can cream of mushroom soup and 1 can cream of celery soup on mine, let cook all day. Nummy gravy and tender porkchops.

Vickey

o

I brown my chops and then just have a hey day putting things in with them..If I am in a tomato mood I add them and onions,garlic, etc etc or mabe just cans of soup....with pork chops you can put them in the pot and add anything to them and they will be wonderful..I always love to ut them in with potatoes and carrots.

o

Place pork chops in crock pot, add 1/2 c sliced onions, 1 can of cream of celery soup, 1 box of stuffing, and 1/4 c water. Yummy!

o

My husband's favorite crock pot recipe for pork chops is really easy and something I put together out of items I had on hand for dinner one day. For 4 chops, I rub the chops with cayenne pepper (a little goes a long way), dry mustard, salt and pepper. I then brown them in a skillet just until golden. Then I put in the crock pot with some dried minced onion, one can of chicken dijon condensed soup, and two Tablespoons of white cooking wine. Then cook on low for about 5-6 hours.

o

I use a two cans of cream of mushroom soup and a can of mushroom gravy and often times more canned mushrooms or fresh ones if I have them on hand. Place in the slow cooker all day and then I serve it over noodles!!

great for leftovers and frozen too!

o

This is wonderful! Slice a small onion in the crock. Broil chops just to get the fat out and place on top of the onions. Pour some bar-b-que sauce over and cook for 4-6 hours on low. They are sooooooooooo good. This receipe is even better using ribs. It's one of the easiest recipes I know of. Hope you enjoy it.

o

i like venison recipes

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Once-a-Week Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here