Return to the Once-a-Week Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
take and bake question

Posted by divamydear (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 13, 06 at 11:25

I would love some "take and bake" recipes. I have not tried one of thosse places that you assmble and take home to freze, cook later for your family. I am new to once a month cooking and would love any help!
Thankyou
Divamydear

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: take and bake question

I'm pretty new to the forum, also, so not 100% sure what is meant by 'take & bake' unless someone is doing the assembly? Here's what I do. Periodically, I get what I call my Suzy Homemaker Mode, and I fix 3-4 main dishes; then cool & freeze in the portions I want.

For example, I'll fix a roast, pot of beans, meatloaf, BBQ meatballs, grilled chicken on a sm. foreman grill (not every one of these each SH day, but a variety). Whatever sounds right at the time (or I have on hand). I also brown & freeze hamburger and label it with the amount - 1 lb, 1/2 lb, etc & as not-seasoned (gravy, etc) or as cooked with onion, etc.

With an empty nest, one day cooking lasts quite a while. You'll need to adjust if you have growing kids. But I find it really helps me, and in the summer when grands are visiting, it REALLY comes in handy.

Hope this has helped you a little bit.

o
RE: take and bake question

In California we have a chain (maybe independently owned I guess) called Dream Dinner's and they post a weekly set of recipes and you make a reservation and come in and they have these stations with the ready made components and you take your dish and follow along adding everything and at the end you take home your many dishes and freeze them. I've never done it but friends have and have liked it. Costs about $100 or so but they get about 6 meals out of it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Once-a-Week Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here