Return to the Once-a-Week Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Keeping hamburger patties separated

Posted by Yellowhair (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 17, 03 at 0:22

How do you do this? I made up some today (didn't cook) and just put saran wrap in between them, then put them in a freezer bag.

Also wanted to say that I did some meatballs, yum yum. I baked them on a rack in the oven. I then flash-froze them individually, then put in a freezer bag. Very very easy!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Keeping hamburger patties separated

do your patties the same way.freeze them on a cookie shee or platter and then use saran after they are frozen.sometimes they will stick together but seperate easily with a knife of something.

o

thanks---I'll try this next time.

o

Big Mama -- do you have problems with freezer burn when you freeze them on the cookie sheet? I seem to have a lot of problem with that when I freeze meat or chicken, no matter how carefully I wrap them.

With hamburger it's not so much of a problem, but I hate freezer burn on chicken.

o

Put two sheets of wax paper between each patty, rather than saran wrap (which molds itself into all the nooks and crannies).

Marie

o

I've tried different ways and have come up with this method... I buy sandwich zip bags on sale or at the "dollar store" and put each patty in a bag. Seal it and put several baggies in a quart size freezer bag. When I have filled two quart size freezer bags, I put them in a gallon size freezer bag and into freezer. Works well for me! ~abreeze

o

I just leave mine in the freezer just long enough for them to freeze so there is no burn.....also you can buy boxes of small sheets of parchment at places like Sams that you can use to keep them from sticking together after they are frozen even a little bit.......You perhaps can buy it other places, I just always get mine at sams so haven't looked any where else.

o

i second the wax paper method...works well for me every time, i just slide a butter knife in between the two layers of wax paper and pop the patties apart.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Once-a-Week Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here