Return to the Once-a-Week Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Meals for mom & dad -to-be

Posted by
Sue
(jandsmosquera@home.com) on
Wed, Oct 24, 01 at 22:16

Hi, I'm visiting from the pregnancy forum. I'm 3.5 weeks away from my due date and my last day of work is Friday. Seeing as I'm a first time mom-to-be, I was wondering if anyone can recommend meals that I can premake and freeze -- other than lasagna and tuna casserole.

Thanks!!

Sue

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Meals for mom & dad -to-be

How about chicken breast with stuffing and gravy,
Beef Stew
Enchiladas
Chili
Pot Pie (using premade crusts) or the noodle kind.
Chicken Corn Noodle Soup
Shepards Pie
Use your crockpot, then no worries til time to eat.
PRemake pizzas and freeze.
Cook off or roast a whole chicken- freeze the meat in small packs for later use.

o

Cabbage rolls or cabbage roll casserole
chicken stew or soup with dumplings
Pea soup
Maccaroni & cheese
spaghetti sauce
meatballs for spaghetti or sandwiches
pepper steak and just cook the rice the day you eat
scalloped potatoes
Meatloaf
Hamburgers
corn pudding with ham
bisquick impossible pies

o

Having had a newborn recently, here's a tip: When people call to say they want to come over to see the baby, they normally ask what does the baby need? I tell them not to bring anything for baby, but bring a meal that can be frozen. I had several friends and brothers/sisters and parents drop off food...it helped alot!

o

All of the above are good suggestions. I would add that if possible, buy a few premade frozen meals that can be microwaved. I know it seems really simple, but when I was a brand new mom, how many times I just didnt defrost something or time just got away from me,having those emergency type meals was wonderful.It may not be the most economical, but in the long run it is worth it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Once-a-Week Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here