Return to the Once-a-Week Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pizza bread

Posted by
Kathy W
(cobalt0826@msn.com) on
Sat, Oct 6, 01 at 9:42

Does anyone have a recipe for a pizza bread made from store bought frozen dough? I had this years ago and thought my 6 year old would like it. I remember that the tomato sauce, cheese, etc is rolled into the bread and then baked. Sound familiar?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pizza bread

I see them at the store, We used to make one that is similar but not the same. We used to roll out frozen bread dough in a rectangle, spread a thin layer of sauce on it, pepperoni and grated mozerella. Then you roll is up like a jelly roll, seal the ends and bake as directed on the package. The ones in the store I think are just sauce, lots of oregano and cheddar cheese but it seems to me they are made individually and the cheese is on top, maybe if you cut before baking and sprinkle the cheese on near the end of baking. (we also made the rolls with velveta and cooked broccoli)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Once-a-Week Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here