SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hollyinwi

Best Muffin Recipes

Holly in WI
22 years ago

Okay. I'll start. I mentioned in the "Breakfast" post that muffins are very easy to make and freeze until ready to eat. How wonderful is it that my kids can pull one out of the freezer, and pop it in the microwave for a few quick seconds? Voila! Breakfast on the run.

Here are a few MUFFIN RECIPES that I make. Hopefully we can all add to this post.

The following recipe was found in an Ozark Recipe Collection cookbook. It is a great MAKE-AHEAD recipe for an abundance of muffins:

MANY MUFFINS MIX -

2 C. dates, cut up

5 tsp. baking powder

2 C. boiling water

1 C. butter

2 C. brown sugar

4 eggs, beaten

1 quart buttermilk

5 C. flour

1 tsp. salt

1 C. chopped nuts

4 C. oatmeal

Mix dates and soda in medium bowl; cover with boiling water. Let cool. Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and buttermilk. Blend well and add dates. Add flour, salt, nuts, and oatmeal. Stir just until moistened. Fill buttered muffin pans or muffin paper cups two-thirds full. Bake about 20 minutes at 400*. THIS MIX WILL KEEP IN THE REFRIGERATOR UP TO SIX WEEKS.

CINNAMON MUFFINS

(Makes the whole house smell warm and inviting when baking or rewarming.)

1 1/2 C. whole wheat flour

1 1/2 tsp. baking powder

1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon

1/2 tsp. baking soda

1/4 tsp. salt

1 egg

1 C. buttermilk

1/4 C. honey, or 1/2 C. apple juice concentrate

3 Tbls. applesause

2 Tbls. oil

Sift together dry ingredients. In separate bowl, combine wet ingredients. Make a well in dry ingredients and add wet ingredients. Stir until moist. Spoon into greased muffin tins or paper muffin cups. Bake at 400* for 20 minutes. (Makes roughly 12 muffins)

I'll continue to add more recipes for muffins. What are some of your favorites?

Holly in WI

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz