SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bonnie_gw

I made my own 'pre-mixes'

bonnie
22 years ago

Ok - so I have been thinking about how much I would like to use my breadmaker and how come I don't use it as often - cam e up with it is such a hassle in my kitchen and getting stuff out of my pantry - flour is in a big container on the floor in the back - sm apartment - small "pantry" read extra closet - so.........

I got some large freezer bags. Labeled them and filled them with the bread ingredients - flour, salt, sugar, dried milk, then I wrote what to add at baking time. Also made some up for pizza dough and cornbread. I also filled a few bags with 3 cups of flour and 4 cups of flour. All are in a large plastic container in my pantry.

Just dump and use and I can reuse the bages.

THEN - I thought about winter and how I like to make soups. I thought of what is the hardest part - all the chopping to get ready for the crock pot - so I made my own soup starters for freezer. In each is a chopped onion, celery and garlic. Basic for whatever kind of soup I may make.

All in all took me 35 minutes and I have 8 loaves of bread and the start to 4 pots of soup.

Anyone else do something similar??

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor