1/2 c. orange juice

1/4 c. lemon juice

2 tblsp honey

*1-2 tblsp grated orange peel

*2-3 tsp. grated lemon peel

*1/2 tsp salt

1/8 tsp pepper

Hot cooked rice

In a large resealable plastic bag, combine orange juice concentrate, 2 tbsp oil, soy sauce and garlic. Add chicken, seal bag and turn to coat. Refridgerate for 2-3 hours. Remove chicken, reserve marinade. In a skillet, cook chicken in remaining oil until juices run clear. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, saute walnuts in butter until lightly browned, remove and set aside. Set aside 1/4 cup green onions for garnish. Add remaining onions to saucepan, saute until tender. Add reserved marinade and the next 8 ingredients. Bring to a rolling boil, boil for 2 min. Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered for 5-10 min or until sauce reaches desired consistancy. Serve chicken over rice, top with sauce and reserved walnuts and onions. 4 servings.

*I put an asterik by the ingredients I generally leave out - walnuts are good but the dogs can't eat them. I don't like onions and don't cook with salt, and it still turns out just excellent without them. For freezing, I just spread the rice in a pan, layer the chicken on top and cover with sauce. Heats up at 400 degrees for about an hour in the oven (cover, and add a little water).

Enjoy! :-) It's one of my favorites (tastes good with egg noodles too).

Comments (3)

Sponsored