o
corn chowder??

Posted by charityoh (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 21, 01 at 10:33

anyone have this recipe??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: corn chowder??

I do have it..let me look for it....it is one the 30 Da Gormet site...

o

Charity, the best recipe I have EVER found for corn chowder, was Helen Corbitt's. She was the Neiman Marcus chef for many years and there are at least 2-3 cookbooks of hers published. However, all of my cookbooks are packed as we moved from a lg. house into a small, really small rental, but will try to uncover it tomorrow, while I am looking for the can opener and cord to electric skillet!!!!LOL! Brenda

o

Creamy Sweet Corn Chowder

1 Tab Butter or oil
1/2 cup onion chopped
2 1/2 cups uncooked corn(about 5 ears)
1 cup peeled diced russet potato
2 cups chicken broth
1 bay leaf
1 1/2 cup lowfat milk

In large pot, melt butter and cook onion until tender. Add: corn, potato, chicken broth, bay leaf and cook about 15 minutes. Cool slightly, remove bay leaf. Put about 2/3 in blender and puree. Pour back into pan, add milk and heat. Do not boil. Ladle soup into large bowls, place spoonful of tomato puree in center and sprinkle with bacon bits.

Spicy Tomato Puree Topping:
1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
1 teas chili powder
1/8 teas cayenne or more
Cook till thick in small skillet, about 3 minutes.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Once-a-Week Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here