SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sonottacook

Ashamed of myself!

sonottacook
14 years ago

I'm really ashamed to admit this but I am 35 years old, a wife and new mother and I don't know how to cook. I mean it's not like I can't cook anything...I'm really good at opening cans...HAHA...and I do have a couple of things that I can make decently well from scratch. My problem is that my mom never cooked. We ate out, made sandwiches or ate total junk food. I then moved in with my aunt and uncle and we had homecooked meals every night but she never taught me how to cook. I know it's my fault that I never took the time to learn anything but you do what you grew up with most of the time so cooking was never important to me. Me and hubby eat fast food so much it's unreal (and expensive). Also, since cooking was never a big deal grocery shopping wasn't either so I really don't know how to "bargain shop"...meaning I really don't know what a good price is on meat, produce and stuff like that. I'm just starting the coupon thing and learning a bit about bargain shopping but with no help or no one to give adcvice it's really tough. Now that I am a mother I don't want my son growing up as I did so I REALLY want to learn some new things. I would like some cheap, easy and GOOD recipes that I can prepare/cook then throw in the freezer for a later time (since I am a new mother that would be really great for my time). I know it may sound stupid to some people but cooking and family dinners are really important to hubby and I now because of our son. Any recipes, tips, etc would really be appreciated...Just please remember that even though I am 35 years old I don't know hardly anything about cooking so for those of you that respond please let me know when I should throw your recipe in the freezer and if I should thaw it out before cooking/baking or if it can be done frozen. So sorry this post is a mile long...just wanted to get my whole point across to get the help I need. Thanks in advance.

Comments (21)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor