SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dances_in_garden

Going to try it

dances_in_garden
22 years ago

I decided that even if DH wants no part of it, I will at least start with lunches and breakfasts for myself. I made five batches of muffins, wrapped them individually and froze them. I made blueberry, honey bran, oatmeal, banana, and carrot. They were all from mixes LOL - sorry about that but they were on SALE! I did catch DH sample some of them, but he won't admit that other than being a little sticky on the top, they were good as new.

I also made some eggwhite omelets with cheese and peppers and froze them, the results were so so. I used fat free cheese slices, I think I should have used shredded cheese instead because the slices liquified upon heating! I think the next try will be a sort of omelet casserole that I will bake and cut into squares then freeze individually. I also want to try some frozen egg sandwiches. I already do the pancake thing. So breakfasts should be easy LOL.

Now, for lunches, I want to make four batches of soup (turkey, beef barley, veggetable, and possibly onion) and freeze them in small containers. I would also like sandwiches, any tips on freezing those (other than not putting lettuce on them ROFL). I am thinking of choosing three types of bread (dark rye, whole wheat, caraway rye or sourdough), three fillings (like ham and cheese, turkey, and maybe balogna) and doing a mix and match for variety.

I have already been buying three heads of lettuce (iceburg, romaine, and leaf), cleaning drying and cutting them up, mixing them together and packaging them in containers for the week (two per day, a medium one for lunch and a larger one for dinner). Those gladware containers work better than tupperware for this!

I then chop up some veggies (celery, peppers, onions) and have used it both raw as a topper for salads (take out a scoop or two) and also to add to rice and other things while cooking. Great time saver in itself! Since tomatoes are in I grab one on the way into the house to cut up and add to the salad, or a handful of cherry tomatoes.

Each morning I can nuke a muffin and a breakfast package, then grab a salad pack, a sandwich, and a soup container on my way out the door.

I think I know what I will be doing this week-end LOL!

{{gwi:336191}}

Comments (2)

Sponsored