SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jamie_mt

Freezer marinades for Chicken? plus recipe

jamie_mt
22 years ago

I got industrious last night and decided to cook Honey-Lemon chicken for dinner (recipe below), and marinate the rest of the pack (I buy frozen packs of chicken breasts) for the freezer. I made three marinades:

Orange marinade (frozen OJ concentrate, soy sauce, garlic and olive oil)

Lemon marinade (lemon juice, olive oil and parsley)

Barbeque marinade (BBQ sauce, worchester sauce, mustard)

So what are your favorite freezer marinades for chicken? I'm always looking for something new and exciting (and oddly enough, I don't see that many marinades in my cookbooks).

Honey-Lemon Chicken

4 chicken breasts (marinated in lemon marinade above or plain)

1/3 - 1/2 cup lemon juice

Water

Parsley

garlic

2-3 tbsp. Honey

2 tbsp. Dijon mustard

2 tsp. flour mixed with a small amount of milk or sour cream until smooth

Hot cooked rice or egg noodles

In a covered skillet, cook chicken in lemon juice, parsley, garlic and enough water to almost cover. When chicken is almost done, add Honey and mustard, simmer until done. Remove chicken. Add flour mixture to hot sauce, simmer on low heat until it's the consistancy of a glaze. Serve over chicken and rice or pasta.

You can also mix sauce ingredients together, put uncooked chicken over uncooked rice in a deep baking dish, pour sauce (with enough extra water for the rice) over the whole thing, cover and bake at 350 for 1-1/2 hours in the oven. The sauce sinks into the rice and is *soooo* good...I do that with orange chicken too. :-)

Comments (2)

Sponsored