Return to the Once-a-Week Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Batch cooking by accident, lol!

Posted by
Jane in CT
(mamabirdx5@netzero.net) on
Fri, Jul 20, 01 at 11:19

What a day I had yesterday. After grocery shopping at 2 stores I accidentally decided to batch cook! I made 6 meals and lunch too!

I realized that we were having Taco Salad for supper so I started to scramble it. While doing that I noticed that Sunday's meal is Pasta/meatballs :) so I started that up too! After realizing what was happening I had decided to make an extra meal of meatballs to freeze and to scramble the rest of the hamburg to freeze for two more meals! I looked again at my menu and noticed that I needed baked potatoes for dinner so I threw them in the crockpot and started to thaw chicken pieces for Saturday's Dinner in the microwave. I put the chicken in an oven bag on top of the potatoes in the crockpot ;) I love it when a plan comes together! Lunch for today is egg salad so while all this was going on I also hard boiled the eggs, lol! What a mess but what an accomplishment. And still got the kiddos to their music lessons and had a short visit with my mother!

I never did get to do what was on my to do list for yesterday, lol!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Batch cooking by accident, lol!

LOL - too funny!! That's sorta the way I stumbled on to it too... thinking to myself, "Ya know, I could just cook all this hamburger up now and freeze the extra...well, but since I'm already making this I should mix this up and make this too - won't take any extra time/room...and while I'm standing here, may as well boil some eggs..."

Kinda fun, isn't it? :-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Once-a-Week Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here