Return to the Once-a-Week Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
breakfast burritos

Posted by Paty (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 16, 02 at 11:06

I just had a breakfast burrito for the first time in my life and I loved it! I was thinking this would be an easy item to prepare ahead and freeze. Anybody tried it? Does anyone have a good recipe to share? I assume you just prepare potatoes, eggs, bacon (optional), jalepenos/chiles, wrap the ingredients in a tortilla, wrap tortilla in foil and then freeze. Am I right? Is there a way to reheat without using the microwave since aluminum foil won't work in the microwave? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: breakfast burritos

oops... I meant: Is there a way to reheat without using the OVEN.

o

I use my George Foreman Grill to reheat breakfast burritos. However, I typically let them thaw overnight in the refrigerator first. That way, the tortillas don't burn.

Nicole

o

I love breakfast burritos. I use potatoes, eggs, bacon or sausage, ham, or diced spam. Wrap up into burritos then wrap in wax paper then put in a large freezer bag (put in as many in a freezer bag as you can). Take out what you want and microwave. You don't have to worry about the foil and microwave. :)

o

This is very good.......check them out every week.

Here is a link that might be useful: Top Secret recipes

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Once-a-Week Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here