Return to the Once-a-Week Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lunches?

Posted by Sara351 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 7, 02 at 0:33

I'm getting tired of having to make my (and Finace's) lunches everyday. I thought about making a week's worth ahead of time and freezing them. I have access to a microwave, but he does not. He loves cold cut sandwiches... do those freeze well? What else? I've made some enchiladas for me, but after a week of them, they're getting old.
Please be kind, I'm so new to cooking that I need easy recipes! Any budget-fiendly ideas would be welcome, too!
Thank you (from a cooking newbie)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lunches?

My friend takes her cold cuts and cheese and wraps them up a couple of slices of meat with a slice or two of cheese, wraps them up for individual sandwiches rather than leaving them in the fridge. So all her husband does in the morning is get the bread, take one package of meat from the freezer and slaps them together before leaving for work. This prevents the meat or cheese from spoiling or from being eaten as a snack and has saved her some money.

Same thing with the enchilada's, wrap them up and leave them in the freezer rather than in the fridge, they will last longer and you don't have to eat them all that same week. Make a double portion of dinner and wrap the extra up as freezer dinners.

Just a couple of ideas we use here.

o
RE: Lunches?

Cold cut sandwiches wouldn't freeze. I agree with making up the individual meat and cheese packets. Substitute bagels, tortillas, buns for bread once in a while. As for yours, mix up hot and cold to your tastes. As posted above also, make a little more at dinner to freeze or use the next day for yourself. Meatloaf makes hot or cold sandwiches. Lasagna, casseroles, etc can be made in large quantities and frozen in smaller portions. If you mix things up you won't get as bored.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Once-a-Week Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here