Return to the Once-a-Week Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lunches for Teenage Girls

Posted by
Judy
(judyk@comnet.ca) on
Tue, Jun 5, 01 at 14:53

I have two teenage daughters that I have to make lunches for. They are really getting sick of sandwiches and the usual cookies for dessert. I have tried salads but by the time lunch rolls around at school the salads are warm and not very appealing. Any suggestions would be great

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lunches for Teenage Girls

First, as they are teenagers, perhaps they could start making their own lunch, or at least give you ideas as to their preferences. Try pita bread with fillings(tuna, turkey, egg salad) or the new wraps with chicken(grilled from the night before). If they do not like sandwiches, how bout cheese and crackers , containers of fruit cut up or a container of yougurt.

o
RE: Lunches for Teenage Girls

When my DD was in HS she made her own lunches, that way I knew she would eat them. She was a very small eater so it did not take much. One thing she liked was pasta salads, not the kind with mayo, and we did not add any meat. Just pasta and veggies and we bought samll packets of dressing that she added at lunch. Another biggie was chips and salsa. Just slices of meat and cheese with some crackers. Girls are very social and so at lunch they need a walking lunch--so they can get in all their socializing. Oh, she also loves veggies and maybe a dip:))

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Once-a-Week Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here