Return to the Once-a-Week Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lasagna and other ramblings

Posted by
mzdee
(mzdee@excite.com) on
Sat, Jun 2, 01 at 8:36

Do you like the no boil lasagna recipes? I've been doing this for awhile now. I have one in the fridge now for baking on Sunday. Can't believe how simple it is.

There was also a post for breakfast ideas earlier. My kids love bacon. Yesterday, I precooked a pound of bacon in the oven while I was baking fish. Cooked it in one of those disposable broiler pans with the grooves. When it started to get crispy, I took it out. Drained it, cooled it, and put it in a ziploc bag. For mornings, 1-2 slices at 15 seconds in the microwave, a slice of toast and they're off and running.

Rounding off my week by making a roasted sticky chicken.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lasagna and other ramblings

What's a "no-boil" lasagna? Do you not cook the noodles before hand with that? I'd certainly be interested in that...

o

Jamie,
You're right. You don't cook the lasagna in the "no boil" method. You put the lasagna together using the dry lasagna noodles. After a few times, I've learned to: 1) Add more sauce to the dish 2) Put the dish together the night before and refrigerate. When you're ready to bake, you cover the dish tightly with aluminum foil. About 5-10 minutes before the end of cooking time, remove the foil and top with cheese.

I made one of these this past weekend. I was hoping to cut half for the freezer. Its almost all gone :(. It really is a great timesaver and makes a wonderful dish.

o

Wow, that does sound good. The only reason I generally don't make lasagna is that it's a pain to have to boil the noodles and everything...I'll have to try the no-boil method (lasagna is one of my favorite dishes!). :-)

o

Ronzoni sells special no-boil lasagna noodles. I just follow their recipe on the box -- it's so easy! Just made 2 pans of lasagna yesterday - ate some, saved some for later this week, and froze a whole bunch.

o

You guys must have good luck with that stuff, I made it 3 times and everytime it tasted like starch so I gave it up and boil me noodles, am I doing something wrong?

o

Bugs,
The key (for me) is to use extra sauce and to assemble and let it sit overnight before cooking. No starchy tastes in mine.

o

I don't care for the special no-boil noodles. I use the regular noodles. Janey

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Once-a-Week Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here