Return to the Once-a-Week Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anne, because of you my house smells good...

Posted by
Jackie
(Lady_bug1948@yahoo.com) on
Mon, May 21, 01 at 20:29

I am baking your 'No Peek Casserole', in the oven right now, it's been on 2 1/2 hours! YUM it smells so good, going to serve it over white rice--I'll post later and let you know how it was:)))

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anne, because of you my house smells good...

This site doesn't move very fast at all:)))))
The casserole was delis--yum--yum--just 3 of us for din-din and no left overs, will diffenitly do this one again! Thanks:))

o

I guess I missed the recipe but now you've piqued my interest. Can you give it to me?
Thanks!

o

Vicki, it's under the post of 'Favorite Family Recipe' very yummmmmmy!

o

I missed this recipe! Could someone please send it to me?

Thanks!

o

I copied the recipe from another post. Here it is
I hope it is okay to repost it.

No Peek Casserole

2 lbs stew meat ( i use 3 lbs)
1 can Campbell's Cream ofChicken -Mushroom Soup
1/2 cup Gingerale
1 pkg Lipton Onion Soup Mix
1 4 oz jar mushrooms, drained (optional)
Preheat oven to 300. Comebine ALL ingredients (DO NOT brown meat and DO NOT dilute soup with water) together. Mix well. It will be lumpy before it's cooked. Pour into a casserole dish and cover. Bake 2 1/2 to 3 hours. DON't PEEK!! Serve over pasta, rice or mashed potatoe's. The smell as it's cooking is WONDERFUL

o

I really want to try this recipe, it sounds fabulous. Anyone know what the time/temp conversion would be on a crock pot?

Thanks!

o

I have made this recipe for years.....it is wonderful.....but i use a orange soda....and it comes out like bbq...tender and delicious

o

Linda, you use orange soda:) Are all of the other ingredients the same? I am going to try that!:)

Twingate, I also wondered about doing it in the crock pot, esp. in this heat! Have you tried it yet? Let me know?

o

i'm just trying the recipe...1.5hrs into cooking it, but now the food is bubbling over onto my brand new oven. should i transfer it into a bigger casserole dish? should i uncover it? anyone make it in a convection oven? thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Once-a-Week Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here