Return to the Once-a-Week Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help! Just One More Quick Question re: Sticky Chicken Recipe

Posted by
Sally
(simply_sally@e-mail.com) on
Tue, May 8, 01 at 20:21

Ok, recipe says to bake the chicken in a shallow baking dish. Figured I would use my roaster (uncovered of course) but there again it is not a shallow baking pan. I also have a rack in my roaster and figuring it would be best to put it on the rack? What kind of pan do you all bake yours in? I went back to the store and found the white pepper! Umph! they are proud of that (expensive) but it is in there now. Got that little bird cleaned, dried off and rubbed down real good and it is sitting in the refrigerator just waiting to be tomarrows dinner. So, please let me know about the type of baking pan you use and again, Thanks to all!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help! Just One More Quick Question re: Sticky Chicken Recipe

Sally, I just use my 13 x 9 inch pan...the one I use for brownies, roasts etc. the roaster's ok too just make sure to baste it after it's been cooking for a while.

It does make a good tasting chicken!

Debby

o

Me too...my 9 X 13...I cover my dish with foil just to save on the cleanp. I don't think the pan is overly important.

o

I read this the first time as "Stinky" chicken recipe!! I must be tired!!

o
white pepper

I want to pass this on without sounding like a know it all--but it'll save you all time and money-- there's very little difference between white and black pepper. White pepper is slightly milder but its main appeal is that it doesn't stand out in cream sauces/soups or other white or light colored dishes like black pepper does. So go ahead and skip it in your sticky chicken!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Once-a-Week Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here