Return to the Once-a-Week Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thought I would share this recipe....

Posted by
RuthieG in MA
(RuthieG@mediaone.net) on
Wed, May 2, 01 at 18:41

Every cooking board I go too people are raving about Sticky Chicken so I am going to try it...Here is the recipe in case you might like to try it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sticky Chicken.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Check this BB out too...

Great recipes and ideas

Here is a link that might be useful: TSR Board

o
RE: Thought I would share this recipe....

Ruthie, This recipe, for the chicken, I got on the Frugal Mom's web site, I've done it a few times...it is great...
and you can do it during summer...since the oven temp is so low.

o

Thanks Debby, I am going to try it...every where I have seen a comment about this recipe everyone was raving about how good it is...so I'll try it. I even saw one website where the girl had the recipe and she was saying you will find this recipe on lots of sites but it is MY recipe..I invented it...she didn't sound happy.

o

Thanks Ruthie G, I'm going to try it!

o

Ruthie,

Thanks! Sounds like my kind of recipe! Easy!!!

Cheers and happy cooking!

M.

o

• Posted by
    Betty Hoenstine
    (betty@pig.net) on
    Sat, May 5, 01 at 9:30

Ruthie,
I copied the recipe. I know I will love it.
Thanks!
Betty in Florida

o

Thanks Ruthie, sounds delicious, I'll try it for Sunday's dinner.

o

I make this chicken often. It is wonderful!

o

I've tried it. I have a question. Why is it called 'Sticky Chicken' shounldn't it be called 'Spicy Chicken'...unless I did it wrong, my wasn't sticky at all. But spicy, yes, and wonderful, yes. Have anyone else had this problem????

Yvette

o

I was wondering the same thing cause I didn't see anything in the recipe to make it sticky...Mine is ready to go...sitting in the fridge waiting to go into the oven.

o

Ruthie--just had to run out and try this recipe.

Terrific! I didn't start this in advance--I read somewhere that you might want to start the night before--and it came out just great!

A definite keeper in our house!

M>

o

Mmmm, going to try this one this week.

Thanks Ruthie.

o

Has anyone tried this recipe in a crock pot? My crock pot has a thermostat control for 250 as required in recipe. I would think it should work, shouldn't it?

o

Just had the sticky chicken? for supper tonight, it tasted wonderful, but it was'nt sticky, just very moist and yummy.

o

Lois, I checked out the FAQ on this recipe in the link provided, and someone asked your question about the crock pot - the answer was that it would not turn out the same at all, because the skin caramelizes with the roasting and basting, and with a crock pot the skin would be pale and rubbery. Not recommended, but it was a good question! (I wondered myself, as I am the Crock Pot Queen!!)

o

Ruthie, do you know where this recipe originated? I've never heard of it before and of course I'm going to try your recipe. Thanks.

o

Angie, I don't know or remember..I got it off of one of the OAMC boards but it is on many of the recipe sites........I can't even remember who it was that was claiming the recipe..I check out so many boards and don't often pay that much attention......

o

I first saw the recipe at Mimi's CyberKitchen. They have a great archive and a friendly message board. (Just like here!)

Here is a link that might be useful: Mimi's Cyberkitchen

o

I have made this in crockpot and in oven - both are very good - very, very good,in fact. This makes a good jar gift too (a small jar!!). Mix all the spices together and send with a recipe. Have seen this at IDunno4Recipes and at iVillage.

o

Is it safe to cook chicken at 250?

sue

o

Sue - I believe it is very safe to bake this chicken at 250. I have made this at least 10 times and we love it!!

Eaner

o

Given normal sanitary precautions, cooking at 250 is fine. That's what a crock pot cooks at or even lower. You want poultry internal temp up to 170-190 depending on who you ask. I split the difference and make sure it's 180 in 2 or 3 spots with a meat thermometer.

Ken

o

This is one of our Top 10 recipes. My husband goes absolutely nuts over this stuff! I have always made it in the crockpot and it is wonderful - not sticky at all, but who really cares? We also leave out the ceyenne pepper.

By the way - any ideas on what to do with the broth that is leftover in the crockpot. With the seasonings that are in it, I'm not sure what to do with the broth.

o

I was wondering about leaving out the cayenne pepper. My dh wouldn't like it. Could you use the broth to cook pasta in?

o

I have used this spice rub to season a chicken that I cook in my rotisserie. There also is a crockpot version of this recipe.

Here is a link that might be useful: Crockpot Sticky Chicken

o

I got a new crockpot for Xmas so want to try this in it. We love it in the oven. How long do you cook it in the crockpot? Would I put it in on low in the morning before I leave or on high at noon. Thanks for the advice Eaner

o

I just tried the chicken. Family loved it. Soo easy, sooo good.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Once-a-Week Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here