Return to the Once-a-Week Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does anyone know?

Posted by
CindyUT
(cindyspage@hotmail.com) on
Mon, May 21, 01 at 16:47

How to spruce up can spaghetti sauce? I bought a case of Hunts spaghetti sauce. I usually add a little Italian seasoning but it still needs something more.
Any sugestions? Thanks
~Cindy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does anyone know?

Hi Cindy. I have used Hunts many times and what I do is saute a little onion, garlic and peppers and italian seasoning just like if you were making spagetti sauce. Takes only a few minutes and adds a lot. Depending on how I am going to use it, I might even put in some ground beef. I also add just a tad of sugar when I am cooking it.

o

I use a seasoning that I can only find at Sam's. It is called "Tones Spicy Spaghetti Seasoning". It doesn't contain oregano like the usual Italian seasonings. I cook spaghetti every year for a fund raiser (400 servings) and use this faithfully. No complaints. Only lots of compliments!

o

I to ad sauted items to my cans sauces. I usually saute ground beef, onions, mushrooms, minsed fresh garlis, and seasonings. Makes the taste pop

o

I always put in a dash of Worstershire sauce and a dash of tobasco. It really makes the sauce good.

o

Finely grind about half a teaspoon of fennel seed and add it. That is the secret to Italian cooking. You don't taste the fennel, but you sure can taste the difference.

o

Is there a secret to getting rid of that "tin can" taste?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Once-a-Week Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here