SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
holly_gw

Breakfasts

Holly
22 years ago

Hi all!

I usually am only ambitious enough to cook once a week or batch cook, but when it comes to breakfasts I am able to cook enough for a month.

Muffins are easy to make and they freeze well, so when my kids are getting ready for school there is plenty of time to "nuke" a muffin in the microwave and have a breakfast on the run. Works as a great breakfast for me too.

For the past two months "M'egg muffins" have been a popular breakfast at my house. It all started when my local grocery store started giving away free items for a certain dollar amount purchased. One week they were giving away free eggs and english muffins for buying $30 worth of groceries. I toasted the muffins, cooked fried eggs (broke yoke), "nuked" Jimmy Dean precooked sausage patties - then I started an assembly line = muffin with egg, sausange, and slice of cheese. These have been a lifesaver, and I can't tell you how inexpensive compared to the fast-food breakfasts my kids

"think" they want. These freeze beautifully!

Quiche is a great item for brunch or breakfast that freezes well too. These are great to have on hand when after working all week, I want to sleep in on the weekend.

Here's an easy recipe for a quiche, it's a great way to use chopped ham that has been cooked from OAMC ham:

"Souper" Easy Quiche-

4 eggs 1 C. shredded sharp cheddar

1 can condensed 1/2 C. diced cooked ham

cheddar cheese soup 1/2 C.cooked chopped broccoli

1/2 C. light cream 1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust

ground nutmeg

1)In medium bowl, beat eggs until foamy. Gradually add soup

and cream;mix well.

2)Sprinkle cheese, ham and broccoli evenly over piecrust.

Pour soup mixture over all. Sprinkle w/nutmeg.

3)Bake @ 350*F for 50 minutes or until center is set. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

This serves 6 and freezes well.

Caio,

Holly in WI

Comments (10)

Sponsored