SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vettem

It is not IMPOSSIBLE , I did it !

vettem
22 years ago

I have been lurking at this forum for a few weeks trying to figure out if this would fit into my schedule. I kept telling myself that this would be impossible, but you know what? it was very easy and quick. I managed to make 12 meals in about 3 hours last night. the question still remains if it will cook up and taste good now...hahaha

I made a weeks worth of meals with some to spare. I am so excited I have to tell someone what I did.

For breakfast's, I made a batch of homemade biscuits and cut them out and layed them on a cookie sheet and froze them and then divided them into ziplocks and put them back into the freezer.

I cooked a beef roast and divided it into 2 meals. I shredded it and made beef tamales with 1/2 of it and made a beef stew with the other 1/2.

I then cooked some hamburger meat up and made some taco meat and chili. I pattied the rest up and stuck them in ziplock bags for a quick hamburger.

I then boiled some chicken and made some chicken tamales, a mexican chicken cassarole, and a chicken and dressing dish. I then took the leftover chicken that wasnt boiled and cubed it and cooked it in the skillet with a little butter and cavenders greek seasoning and we have grilled chicken for salads tonight. The cavenders greek seasoning gives it a wonderful flavor. I also made up some "additives" to add to mashed potatoes. I was looking at those fancy potatoes that my family loves and read the ingredients on the box... Would you believe I had those ingredients at home. Their favorite is butter and herb, So i took a snack size ziplock and added all the ingredients and now they have the seasoning pack to add to the instant potatoes. ( hint: parsley flakes, salt, onion powder, and a touch of garlic powder)

This cost a total of 35.00 and the family has an easy week for cooking. ( i am having a minor outpatient surgical procedure this afternoon, so I will be recovering and not in the kitchen)

So my menu this week consists of:

chicken salads

tamales beef

chicken and dressing

beef stew

biscuits and gravy

sausage and biscuits

tacos

chili

chicken tamales with refried beans

left over chili for frito chili pies

mexican chicken cassarole

hamburgers

anyway, I just wanted to say, it can be done and all it takes is a little planning and kitchen all to yourself. I am curious as to how this stuff will taste once cooked after being frozen, but if it tastes great you can BET that this will be a weekly or monthly project for me. I am hooked already. I can not believe that it only took me about 3 hours and my freezer is packed. YIPEEE! thanks guys for the tips and suggestions that I have found on this forum.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths