Return to the Once-a-Week Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
need recipe for hot cinnamon sauce

Posted by
Janet Summerville
(janetsummerville_2000@yahoo.com) on
Mon, Apr 16, 01 at 20:34

My mother use to bake apple pie, and then she would dribble hot cinnamon sauce over the warm pie, she gave me the recipe years ago, but I lost it during moves around the country, does anyone know how to make this? Thanks, Janet

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: need recipe for hot cinnamon sauce

ok, this is cheating so bad, but it works great and is really pretty. Just get some of those cinnamon imperials in the candy section (red hots). Add a little water to them and cook on low heat in a saucepan until they liquify then drizzle over the top.

o

Janet, I looked in my cookbooks even and cannot find a sauce recipe for you.

o

That sauce would be good on vanilla ice cream--YUM!!

o

In this recipe for Hard Sauce they suggest substituting cinnamon for the vanilla called for.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hard sauce

o
Another: need recipe for hot cinnamon sauce

Check out the cinnamon sauce recipe that goes with the apple cake.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cake with cinnamon sauce

o

Question: Was this a sauce like the cinnamon imperial red hots would produce or a sauce more like what you find on top of a cinnamon roll or baked apples? I have my great grandmother's cookbook with a cinnamon sauce that describes making a powdered sugar glaze and adding 4 drops of cinnamon oil and a sprinkle of cinnamon on top.

o

here is one.

Here is a link that might be useful: cinnamon sauce

o

This is one of my old postings. Just wanted to say Thanks to everyone. I did find the recipe. The sauce goes on like a glaze, but it does taste really good hot over apple pie. They use to serve it at a resturant in Seattle called RD'S RESTURANT.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Once-a-Week Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here