SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
neesie_gw

What's your next meal?

neesie
15 years ago

For heaven's sake, I shouldn't be posting on the once a week cooking forum since I can barely keep one foot in front of the other!

My question is, what are you cooking next? I made a large dish of Chicken Fried Rice yesterday (I'm pretty generous with the chicken and consider it a main meal). Judging by my families schedule today I'm just going to let them finish the CFR off and supplement with sandwiches, if need be.

Tonight I am going to things prepped to go in the crock pot for tomorrow. I'm making Cantonese Crock Pot Dinner. I made a note to myself to take the pork strips out of the freezer and set them in the fridge to thaw overnight. I am also going to chop the onion and slice the green pepper so it is ready in the morning. It is so easy to assemble. I got the recipe with my first crock pot 27 years ago.

Cantonese Dinner in the Crock Pot

1 1/2 lbs pork steak cut into 1/2 inch strips

2 T. oil

1 large onion, sliced

1 green pepper, cut into strips

1 4 oz can mushrooms, drained

1 8 oz can tomato sauce

3 tablespoons brown sugar

1 1/2 tablespoons vinegar

2 teaspoons Worchstershire sauce

Brown pork strips in oil in skillet to remove excess fat (I usually do enough for 3 or 4 meals and freeze)

Drain on double paper towel.

Place pork strips and all remaining ingredients into crock pot. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours or high 3 hours. Serve over hot, fluffy rice. Serves 4.

Personally I have been known to let this cook as long as 10 hours and it's still okay. If I think it's going to go that long I may put the pork strips in frozen. I serve this about once a month. As long as I do the prep ahead of time it only takes minutes to assemble in the morning.

Comments (3)

Sponsored