SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
neesie_gw

What do you buy at Sam's or Costco?

neesie
16 years ago

I buy the large quantities of Tyson Chicken Breasts (sorry I don't recall the weight) but you get 12 good size chicken breasts for about 16.00 (skinless/boneless).

I take them home, cook some off, and freeze the raw ones in freezer zip lock bags. The ones I cook off we can eat just as regular chicken breast. Extras I may dice for:

Cold Chicken Salad

Chicken Pot Pie (I posted the recipe under Family Favorites it may actually be chicken a la king because I don't use a crust we serve it over toast or with biscuits)

Oriental Ramen Salad

Chicken Fried Rice (yes, I use diced chicken breast, my Chicken Fried Rice is more a meal than a side dish)

Milk: I notice their prices are about 25 cents lower than anywhere else per gallon

Boneless Pork Chops (bulk)

I have a few good crock pot recipes for boneless pork chops

I'll also cut a whole package into strips, then brown in oil. Then I'll package them in freezer size quart bags. I have a Cantonese Crock Pot recipe that my family loves that starts with these strips. I don't even have to thaw them! As long as I have a cut onion and a green pepper cut into strips the rest of the ingredients are staples and spices that I alwlays have on hand. This is a dish I serve about once a month.

I have a membership at Sam's. I don't have a Costco nearby but know a lot of people on the forums go there and it is similar to Sam's. I'd be interested in hearing about the bulk groceries you buy and how you use them.

Comments (23)

Sponsored