SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
keilamarie_gw

Hospital Stay Comming Up, Need Advice

keilamarie
17 years ago

Hello,

I have not tried this method before (freezing meals) but I am going to the hospital for the birth of our new baby in late June. As everyone knows it may or may not happen on time. I have a 16 year old girl who will be home most of the time I'm away alone (hubby will be with me). Her Grandmother will be checking in on her but she will be alone. I'm not worried about her safety, we have a crazy protective dog, but worried about her going hunrgy.

She does not cook well and I do not want her using the stove while I'm gone. There are no stores in walking distance and delievery makes me nervous with the dog around. Also, there is a chance I will have a c-section so I will be out of commission for awhile as well when I return home.

Whew...anyway, I have read alot of posts and made a list of stuff to make for her. Some will have to be school lunches in case it happens early. Now here is my problem...I could go into labor really at any time. I've put off making the meals as long as I dare and feel I need to get them done within a week or two.

Can I freeze the items listed below this far in advance? It might be as long as July. These will be one serving size each:

Pasta and sauce frozen seperately

Rice and veggies

home made lunchables

fruit cocktail

sandwhiches without mayo

Muffins

breakfast sandwiches with egg/meat

Soup in paper cups

I will not be able to run out to the store to stock the frig before I leave so I'm really limited. Any other suggestions?

Thank you very much for any help....I worry about her :)

Keilamarie

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Stanford Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Luxury Interior Design Services | Northern Virginia