Return to the Once-a-Week Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rabbit

Posted by danieiie (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 8, 06 at 14:53

Hello! Does anybody have experience with rabbit meat? I have eaten it couple of times, but never cooked it. My friends gives away babyrabbits and we are planning to try it out on weekend. I have different recipts and they say to cook it as chicken, but another say its big difference about the size and if its home or wild rabbit. Is almost month old rabbit still small?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rabbit

If you have a copy of Joy of Cooking, there are rabbit recipes in it. If you don't have a copy, I'm going to bet your local library will have one.

When I was dating in high school, my boyfriend raised rabbits for eating and to supply to the local grayhound farms as bait for racing. I would go to his house for lunch on Sunday and his mother ALWAYS served "chicken" salad sandwiches. It never bothered me that it was rabbit instead of chicken, but it always bothered me that she lied. I'm not sure if she roasted or boiled the rabbit, but it was always very good.

My brother would hunt wild rabbit and mom would just fry it, cut up, just like she fried chicken. In fact, most recipes for rabbit are along the lines of those you will find for using chicken. Just Google rabbit recipes and I'm sure you'll find more than you have time to look at.

Grainlady

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Once-a-Week Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here