SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bizzybee_gw

How to stock fridge for family on the run?

bizzybee
22 years ago

Help! I love to cook but recently have lost all desire. Thought perhaps it was my lack of organization and planning but am now convinced it's because my family is unpredicatable and on the run! Have a husband who works odd hours (may or may not be home for supper...may be late, may be early) and two teens who work and run with friends to activities after school. Sooooo, I may have four people home for supper or maybe only me. Usually everything is short notice so it is really tough to plan meals. If I cook a nice meal, I may be the only one to eat it and I have gobs of leftovers that no one is crazy about eating later. If I don't cook, they may all arrive starved! Recently I've been relying on convenience foods and stocking my fridge with sandwich stuff but don't feel that's really all that healthy. How do the rest of you (with teens) do it???? The same system (meal planning, cooking, etc) that I did when then kids were younger just does not seem to be working for me anymore! Any ideas for maybe cooking on the weekend and stocking the fridge with stuff that would be easy and good to reheat? Any ideas for perhaps cooking and freezing my own convenience foods with my FoodSaver? Any/all ideas are welcome!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Premier Home Services, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Loudoun County Complete Turn-Key Contracting Solutions