Return to the Old House Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
best sink

Posted by kisd81 (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 28, 13 at 23:14

My husband inherited his grandparents house back in August. It is about 100 years old. It started out as a four room house, and his grandfather expanded it when his mother was 3. We are a family of 6, so there has had to be extensive adding and remodeling. We are trying to stick to the style of the age of the house (that was confusing).

In the kitchen we are having bottom cabinets only (mainly). The cabinets are a greenish blue (light). My conundrum is this.....what type of sink!!! I know I want a farm sink. Probably two bowls. (I dont have a space for a seperate prep sink).

As I said I have four very young kids and do not need something that requires a great deal of up keep or that is delicate. I would LOVE a copper sink I think. Do you think that would look good with the color of the cabinets? If you have one or have had one what are your thoughts?

Thank you so much for your help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: best sink

I've had a copper kitchen sink. It was beautiful BUT had to be babied somewhat. Mine had an aged finish which you could only clean with soap and water or it would come off. Then you either had to repair the finish (not easy to do evenly) or wait for it to re-darken. In retrospect, I would not use copper again for the primary kitchen sink, although it would be fine for a secondary one.

What about white porcelain?

o

I just did an undermount stainless steel sink in my old 1930s house. I'd always dreamed of having a farmsink, but I got a great deal on a KWC sink....and after thinking it through, I wanted a more formal look, not so country. I have no regrets.

o

What is KWC kompy? Kohler something?
Thanks,
Diane

o

KWC is a supplier of kitchen faucets and sinks. Just
google KWC faucets and you will find their products.

o

I think they're made in Switzerland.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Old House Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here