Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

Does anyone have a sunporch?

lavender_lass
13 years ago

I have been working on plans to remodel my small farmhouse. I've had to make a few changes, due to some concerns about chimney placement, etc. so I now have the dining room in front...with room for a small sunporch. This is something I've always wanted and I think the south corner of the house is the perfect place for it.

Anyway, it's not big (about 13' x 10') but I only need room for a big buffet, a couple of chairs, a table and maybe a small ottoman (in case I want to put my feet up and read a book).

My purpose for the room, is to have a place for a star jasmine (maybe a few herbs) and some other plants that won't do well with our cold winters, somewhere for the kitties to enjoy the sun...and a place for me to have tea with family and friends. If I need more space, we can move to the dining table, since it's just through the french doors.

I have a lot of teacups and saucers, teapots, and other tea "stuff" LOL that I want to display on the buffet and the shelves in the dining room (along with a few books). I've included a picture of my plan (which is very different from my old one) but I think it makes a better use of the space...and the views out the back.

If you have any ideas, comments, pictures or links, I'd love to see them. I'm looking for ideas/pictures to pick windows, flooring, finishes, etc. as well as style and anything tea realted! :)

Any ideas for the kitchen, little seating area by the fire, or any other spaces are welcome, too. I've included a photo of a kitchen that I like (but I'd prefer a white sink and antique brass faucet and hardware) and a picture of my french country theme.

Thank you!

{{gwi:618189}}

{{gwi:1518828}}

{{gwi:617005}}

Comments (3)