Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
artemis78

Obscure glass for an Arts & Crafts bathroom?

artemis78
14 years ago

We're about to replace a bathroom window in our 1915 California Arts & Crafts home, and want to do the lower pane in obscure glass since the neighbors look right in. I'm hoping to figure out what type of obscure glass might look appropriate in a bathroom of that vintage---any ideas?

The window is a double-hung original wooden window and will be replaced with a virtually identical window a local shop is making. (The old one has dry rot throughout, so it wasn't salvageable.) The room itself is a mish-mash of styles but we eventually hope to renovate it back to a fairly simple traditional A&C look.

If anyone has suggestions on a period-appropriate pattern or could share what styles of obscure glass your old home has, that would be wonderful. I've had florentine glass (little flowers) suggested, though I'm not in love with it; still poking around for other options. (We're not committed to a pattern that's necessarily period itself---but ideally want something that at least looks appropriate and not blatantly modern, as a lot of the obscure glass options seem.)

Thanks!

Comments (6)