Return to the Old House Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Renovator's Supply sinks/faucets

Posted by kpaquette (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 17, 08 at 18:15

Hi Everyone!

I'm new to this forum but have recently been pouring over several forums on this site to get help with our home renovation. I've searched this forum but didn't find an answer to this question - I apologize in advance if it's been discussed before.

Has anyone ever purchased sinks or toilets from Renovator's supply? I am restoring a 1850s Victorian and want period pieces, and my research seems to show that their sinks and toilets are relatively CHEAP! (compared to the Kohler's we are considering.) It almost seems too good to be true - I'd be curious about the quality.

Same for the faucets - they seem to be considerably cheaper than comparable offerings from "big brands" like Grohe. Are they heavy, solid, good quality? Or they more along the lines of builders grade home depot stuff but with a retro design?

If anyone has experience with them I'd love to hear about it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Renovator's Supply sinks/faucets

I have used both, and even pedestal sinks.

I had one sink that was cracked in the box and quickly replaced.

The faucets are very good with a lot having ceramic valves.

o

I would never again use RenSup for anything, as all of my past dealings with them, dating back to circa 1983, have ended in disappointment. Maybe by now they have improved their customer service, which, alas, in my experience, was non-existent.
Casey

o

Casey what happened exactly? I've only ordered one thing from them - an L-shaped curtain rod during our last renovation, and it was fine. But this time I'm considering them for a pedestal sink, toilet, sink faucet, clawfoot tub hardware and all the hinges for our interior doors. When was the last time you ordered from them? Was it the quality?

o

I've ordered many items from them in the past 20 years and have been pleased every time. No problems, high quality.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Old House Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here