Return to the Old House Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gold number decals for townhouse door

Posted by pasigal (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 11, 07 at 15:02

Hello,

I'm looking for gold number decals for the glass transom on our city townhouse's front doors.

Ideally, they would be reverse decals, with the adhesive on the front, and period-correct font.

Does anyone have a source?

Thanks in advance.

Peter

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gold number decals for townhouse door

You can make your own with window film. Buy a roll of film and cut out the numerals in the design style you choose, then apply. Use good sharp sewing scissors. You can even do your family name if you wish.

Here is a link that might be useful: Gold Window Film

o

I too am looking for the reverse numbers. I saw some on HGTV, I think it was designed to sell - when they were doing a historic town house. They were a two part "decal" if you will, and were applied to the inside of the transom in reverse. The gold numbers went on first, followed by a black 'shadow'.

I have looked everywhere online, and come up with nothing. I did look at the window film, but somehow I know I am going to be dissatisfied with my cutting skills in this instance.

best of luck in your search, and if you find them, please post a link... I will do the same!

o

An alternative might be to get number stencils and a gold leaf kit...work from the inside applying the glue/size using the stencil (instead of paint) then apply the gold leaf per instructions.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Old House Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here