Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
foster4391

1940's/1950's Pomona Ceramic Tiles....where do I find more?

foster4391
15 years ago

My husband and I bought a home built back in 1949. It is a great home with lots of potential. It definitely has a Usonian feel to it, redwood walls and ceiling, slate floors, floor to ceiling windows in the living room, brick everywhere, I could go on and on. We love it and are in the process of trying to restore/fix it up. Last month we ended up having to bypass the cold and hot water lines through the attic into the bathrooms and kitchen and unfortunately they had to cut through a few tiles in our tile bathroom to get to the shower pipes. I about cried. This bathroom was in excellent condition. None of the tiles were broken or needed to be replaced. My husband was the one who hand cut out the 4 tiles needed to replace the pipes, but in doing so, chipped a couple of the tiles because of the incredible cement job holding on the tiles. Does anyone know where we could go to find matching tiles? We were able to soak off the cement on the back (after using 0-16-9 for multiple days to get it off, that cement stuff is incredible!) and discovered it is a Pomona Tile. It is a lime color and has a smooth matte finish to it. Any help would be greatly appreciated! We do not want to lose our bathroom tile!

Here are some pictures of the bathroom and tile:

Comments (11)