Return to the Old House Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Room #12 Done

Posted by leasa (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 3, 08 at 11:59

Hi,

We got the pantry done and I do count it as a room even if my hubby does not! Hey, it's a space that had to be done and it adds to functioning of the kitchen. I just love it. Take a look please!

Only the center hall up and down (which is about the size of half of our whole cottage--no small space here!) and the winder stairs up left to do!

Leasa

Here is a link that might be useful: Pantry

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Room #12 Done

Awsome! I wish I had a pantry. The first paint color (1 of 5)of my kitchen trim is that same green color. Also I wanted to say I, I spell my name the same way!

o

Leasa, thanks so much for keeping us up to date with your renovation. So much work! And you always sound so cheerful and upbeat. You're doing a wonderful job. I look for your posts to see what's new. How much do you have left to get the place "done?" (YOU define "done!" It's different for everyone!)

o

I'm pleased to meet another Leasa!

WE have the center hall to do yet, that is bigger than half our our cottage so it is a bid deal. The wall paper is finally removed and most of the plaster has been patched with dry wall compound. Still need to use the kilz original on the very yucky ceiling upstairs. My sister helped me texture wall paper the ceiling downstairs in the hall--like the warning on tv before stunts--don't try this at home! What a job! IT looks nice though. The downstairs hall is all painted and just the touch up near the ceiling is all that is needed downstairs as I finished up the trim and sides of the steps today.
the upstairs part of the hall will be a bear as it is sooooo tall. I worked on woodwork in the hall upstairs a bit today too. Did the outside of two doors.

The back winder stairs upstairs still needs to be done. The foundation needs paint as do the deck and step areas--those have to wait a year as that is what the PT wood recommendation is before painting age it a year.

All the landscaping still needs doing, there is a box of bulbs from Breck's waiting to go in the center garden in the back yard....

Hard to wrap my brain around the fact that we are nearly done!

Hopefully it will be a nice day tomorrow and I can get some outside pix to post.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Old House Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here