Return to the Old House Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Searching for the same brick

Posted by vittorio_2010 (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 8, 11 at 10:49

I've been checking out local shops and searching the internet, but I'm unable to find the same brick for my house ( http://i.imgur.com/QTsmf.jpg ). I live in NY/NJ Metro and I was wondering if there are any specialty places that may possibly carry this style brick. Thank you in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Searching for the same brick

New bricks are very unlikely to match older ones, even if they are the same style.

you might try finding reclaimed bricks in your immediate area.
They may match if of the correct age.

o
RE: Searching for the same brick

I agree with this. We tried to match up the brick on the front path of our 95 year old home this past spring to no avail. We finally settled on the closest one to it we could find. It was virtually impossible to get an exact match without being lucky enough to find reclaimed matches, which we didn't have the time for (a step was falling apart and our town was mandating we fix it pronto).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Old House Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here