Return to the Old House Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Red House Paint

Posted by audreyamelia (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 25, 12 at 20:40

We bought our dream house and painted it red. I spent a lot of time here researching over the last 18 months so I thought I'd share the results (of the paint job...the rest is yet to be done).

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Red House Paint

Before photo

o

If I could see the house details more clearly in the first photo, I might like the red better. Did you change many of the details such as windows and porch spindles/lattice? Appears photo-shopped.

o

Sorry it's blurry. It's my first picture post and I couldn't delete it. Not photo-shopped. No changes made, just repairs and paint. Went from 3 color to 2 color. Glassed in porch is not original, but is over 35 years old.
--
Audrey

Here is a link that might be useful: Before and After Album

o

Oh that's better! :) What brand and shade of red paint did you use? It's quite a change, but I like it. The before pic with the 3 color paint job is actually pretty nice too. Seems the house fits into the surroundings a little better, but the red/white sure brightened things up didn't it? I love the porch, but see what you mean by it not being original. That must have been quite a job to paint such a big house.

o

We painted our house red with off white trim and green windows. This is the color of my house when I first met it, about 15 years before we purchased it. It has been 24 years of standing back and throwing money at it. Lol

Here is a link that might be useful: My Old Red House.

o

quote" It has been 24 years of standing back and throwing money at it."

The joy of old home ownereship.

o

The color is Blaze from Pittsburgh Paints...our painter wanted to work with Sherwin Williams so the local guy here used Pittsburgh's formula. I'd used the color before for the stencil on the porch of our previous home. In this neighborhood we have a lot of colorful homes. The before pic doesn't show it, but the old house was covered in mold and only the front was finished.

I added more before and after. The white house in the foreground is our old house...which we're keeping to rent.

golddust-love your house inside and out

Here is a link that might be useful: More before and after

o

That is one lovely porch. Gosh, you've done alot of work. Congrats.

o

golddust
I like your red.
what color/brand is it?
do you remember?

tia.

o

That's beautiful!

o

That's beautiful!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Old House Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here