Return to the Old House Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Interior door not closing

Posted by lesliep (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 17, 13 at 20:17

I also posted on the Remodeling forum. I have a house built in 1952. Not one interior door closes properly or at all. Would I be better off to buy pre-hung doors, or just purchase doors. The door jams appear to be in good condition. These are really ugly flat panel cheap doors.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Interior door not closing

No clue from the info given to us. Post pictures and that may help but we would really need to know about the wall and current frame conditions.

o

"Interior door not closing"

This is function and has nothing to do with this;"These are really ugly flat panel cheap doors."

So, you can either describe the problem, with the "function," or spend the money to replace.

o

My concern is that at one time they did actually close. I noticed when we have had issues with doors not closing in our very old house, it meant something else was going on, as in the level of the floors were shifting. It's to be expected here in a high subsidence area with a two hundred year old house and with some of the original doors the shape of trapezoids and not rectangles have seen how the doors have been modified over the years to match the frames. LOL.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Old House Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here