Return to the Old House Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Our very spooky house!! (Picture)

Posted by tinker_2006 (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 31, 11 at 19:24

Today, our house was tented, looks pretty scary for Holloween! It does however, give us a much needed break, from working on this whole house renovation! We also leave to go on a 7 night cruise this weekend, so hopefully, our batteries will be fully recharged and we can wrap the messy inside stuff up and move in the first part of January!

We have installed old, reclaimed chicago bricks for the new parking pads and walk ways. Lawn irrigation has been installed and new landscape plants and grass will be next week!

From Sunrise - work in progress

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Our very spooky house!! (Picture)

Nice brick, tinker! I hope you are going to choose plants appropriate for the period! :) A nice house like that deserves a setting which is also in the same style.

o
RE: Our very spooky house!! (Picture)

thanks columbusguy! I hope the landscape comes out as "old florida" style for the period. I don't have a green thumb at all, and we had 3 landscape designers offer us plans. I really wanted to keep a lot of the old stuff, but they all said it was past the season of healthy, and needed to come out. :( I don't think it will feel "old" looking for a year or 2, but here in FL everything grows super fast... so should look okay in a couple years.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Old House Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here