Return to the Old House Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do you have a DIY Disaster story?

Posted by gwTamara (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 22, 12 at 16:48

Hi gang,

If you are a DIY'er, you probably have one -- the famous DIY Disaster story! We're looking for some examples of a project that went awry or a remodel that flopped. You might have just scrapped it and moved on or maybe you had to call in professional help. If you have photos to share -- that would be even better. You can post them here, or email me directly if you'd prefer. Just click on my profile link.

This is strictly for internal use and we won't be sharing them or using them in content. Any questions, please let me know.

Best,

Tamara
GardenWeb Community Manager

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do you have a DIY Disaster story?

You are aware of the Canadian show Disaster DIY?

As a spec builder/renovator, my disasters have been strictly of the financial variety!

o

Hi worthy,

No, haven't seen the show, but I'm sure there are some great stories. LOL

Tamara

o

What pay are you offering?

o

I have one but it didn't happen to me- it happened to another woman in woodworking class. She had removed some interior walls to open up the space. A woodworker friend stopped by and commented, it kinda looks like the walls are leaning. The house ended up collapsing and she had to tear it down. You prob cant use it, since it's not me, but you must admit its a good story!

o

Sorry, all my disasters have been contractor-induced.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Old House Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here