Return to the Old House Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
1820-30 Creole brick b/t post cottage renovation pics!

Posted by nolagirl (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 17, 07 at 21:45

Y'all helped me with my bath and kitchen, so I thought some of you might like to see how the white subways w/gray/silver grout look with the marble countertops in the kitchen, and the same subways with the white hex flooring and carrera marble vanity top, and beadboard walls in the bathroom.
It's not a strict period kitchen and bathroom, but they were choices that were appropriate to the house and didn't detract from the beauty of it. It's a 1820-1830 Creole cottage: 1100 square foot main house and a separate 400 sf former kitchen building/slave quarters in the back. Thanks, everyone!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
sorry, forgot the link!

http://picasaweb.google.com/Gibbs2424

Here is a link that might be useful: renovation photos

o
RE: 1820-30 Creole brick b/t post cottage renovation pics!

Thanks for sharing, nolagirl! It turned out fantastic and I love your choices (well, I never tire of white cabinets and subway tie). They tie the house together beautifully.

o

Hello--what a fantastic old house! I didn't know what a Creole cottage was like. It's a very comfortable looking home that showcases the old detailing but isn't a dogmatic recreation of the past. Perfect.

o

Nolagirl, it is absolutely awesome! I'm redoing a Louisiana house myself. I cannot get enough New Orleans architecture, you just did a perfect job on it. I haven't checked this site in awhile, I need to more often!

o

What a fabulous house! Can I move in? :) I guess I missed all of your previous posts (and couldn't seem to find them when I did a search), so forgive me if I'm repeated what others have asked, but what's the history of your house? Is it a "typical" house for its era/location? Why is there a building in the backyard? How was it used--and how do you plan to use it?

I'm a domestic historian, so I can't help asking nosy questions when I see a neat old place! :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Old House Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here